Monday, April 2, 2012

Liquid Eyeliner Sticking to Your Lashes?

So I was approached by a good friend asking me for advice if I knew any technique(s) on how to prevent liquid eyeliner from sticking to the lashes. Well first of all let’s see the possibilities of Why it might be happening…
Why: 1) Could be that your lashes are naturally curly or long (maybe even both) and if  
                   they are you are one lucky girl so embrace those lashes!
               2) Or the way you’re positioning the brush applicator is not correct

Regardless there are some tips and tricks!!

The Lash Guard
This lash guard is actually a lash applicator that came with my lashes that I just purchased for $4.98. Since I do not use it to apply my lashes I realized it is perfect shape to gently hold the lashes down when applying liquid eyeliner. Not only that but it helps from being tempted to tug on my eye (which we all know adds to premature wrinkles). NOTE: Apply the liner first before mascara, if you apply the mascara first before the liner the lash guard will smash your lashes. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Homemade Lash Guard
Don’t have $4.98 to spare? Pssssh no worries! Make your own!! I’m sure you have some sort of index card or sturdy material paper lying around.
Follow these easy steps…

                        1) Cut out an index card as wide as your eye.
                        2) Now cut a curve from each point
                        3) Voila! (French: "there it is') your very own lash guard to keep that liquid  
                             eyeliner off your lashes!  

Photobucket
Photobucket
Alternative to liquid eyeliner: Gel Eyeliner

If your liquid eyeliner sticking to your lashes has always been an issue, give gel eyeliner a try. Gel eyeliner is not as runny as liquid, so that’s a plus! (Having no worries of it sticking to your lashes). Gel eyeliner is applied with an angled brush, meaning more control with creating the desired line you want to achieve.

Recommend: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner, which comes with its own brush!

7 comments:

  1. Nice DIY tip. Did you use the LashGrip Eyelash Adhesive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! no I have not used it yet I been trying to finish my DUO. I might just do a review on it as a future post

      Delete
  2. Omg I so need one of these! I have naturally curly lashes so applying liquid eyeliner is a pain :( thanks for the tips xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this helped (: and embrace those curly lashes I'm jealous! lol

      Delete
  3. How do you apply eyeliner with your eyelid closed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my other eye open, I should have taken my photos where you can see both eyes but instead I just focused the photos on that one eye

      Delete
  4. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I have been trying to figure out how to do this I hated putting on eyeliner every morning and getting it stuck and hardened on my eyelashes!!!>_< Thank you for the DIY tip. Sooooo helpful.

    ReplyDelete